Skip to main content

Overbooked - A book club for busy people


Have you read “If the Creek Don’t Rise” by Leah Weiss?  Want to read it this week?  Stop in the library and pick up a copy then join Overbooked Book Club on Monday, December 10th at 10AM to discuss this book. 

Overbooked Book Club meets once a month, the 2nd Monday of the month.  We choose books under 400 pages long and meet for about 30-45minutes to discuss.  We are busy moms who like to read and enjoy trying a variety of books.  Suggestions are always welcome! 

Check out this website about “If the Creek Don’t Rise” for a summary and reader opinions: 


Diane Resnick
Delmont Public Library

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leslie's Weight Loss Journey

Denni asked me to write something about my recent weight loss, why and how I did it. So here it is: Just over three years ago, I went to the doctor when I was ill, and she did some blood tests. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol and pre-diabetes. She said I needed to lose a lot of weight. I was in danger of a stroke or heart attack if I didn't lose weight and eat in a more healthy way. We decided what a healthy weight range would be for me, and the amount I needed to lose. It was: 100 pounds! It took me three years, but last August, I reached my goal weight. I also reduced my high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels. People ask me all the time what my secret was. It's simple really. I ate less, and I exercised more. Yes, that's really what I did. In addition to cutting calories, because of my test results, I also had to reduce my salt intake, and the amount of sugar and unhealthy fat I was eating. I downloaded an app to my
Photo by Christine Hines Thank you to everyone who came to the butterfly release!  Thank you to everyone who helped, everyone who came to watch the caterpillars grow and everyone's enthusiasm for this project!  We had another successful year.  I originally ordered 100 caterpillars & eggs.  We are usually shipped over 100 just to be safe.  Plus we had a few community members add their caterpillars to our cage this year, so I'm not sure exactly how many we started with but over 100.  On July 30th we released 79 Monarchs.  We had released about 9 before that date (escapees into the library.)  2 Monarchs were released after July 30th.  There were 4 crysalis still remaining in the cage today.  I put them in the garden. So that is 94 accounted for! We had about 150 people come to our release!  I was so thrilled to see such a wonderful turn out.  I love how our community comes together.  We are very blessed.   With our upcoming construct